Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Instrument Cluster Lights Issue*

Hey Guys,
    I've been without lights in the instrument cluster and the fan control area for about 2-3 weeks now. Tried to figure it out without posting but I'm started to get really irritated at it while driving at night. All fuses are fine, turn signal light bulbs come on, high beam light comes on. Parking brake light comes on. But the top lights and the odometer bulb aren't coming on. Has anyone ran into this issue yet? I've already pulled the instrument cluster out 3 times checking the bulbs and connections. Everything is hooked up correctly. If anyone help me or help me trouble shot this I would greatly appreciate it.....

Check to see that the pin going to the instrument lighting is getting 12v like it had oughta.

By "fan control area" I think you mean the two heater panel bulbs? Those lights are a separate wire obviously, and might have their own issue. Plus those bulbs might just be burned out, or loose.

When I got my current Aspire, the insrument lights didn't work either. Took the cluster out and immediately found the problem--the printed copper circuit had a cut in it. Painted it at the cut with some of that copper paint you use to repair rear window defrost lines.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

check the dash light dimmer switch
      Rod

"Confidence is the most important thing you can teach someone... if you can teach them confidence, you don't have to teach them anything else."

1992 truckiva
      1989 festiva lx (mine again)
      1980 triumph tr7 convertible (project)
      1976 tr7 hardtop (parts car)
      1989 dodge caravan turbo
      1975 amc gremlin 4x4 (play toy)

Comment

^^ Haha, good call! Nothing like overthinking the problem.
        Last edited by TominMO; 05-13-2013, 04:11 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I'll check into the dimmer switch.

Comment

Working...
          X