Little to no acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little to no acceleration

I have little to no acceleration when in any gear. It's slow uphill, barely making it and barely goes over 50mph. The rpms run high in each gear as well. Please help

That would be your clutch slipping.....time for a new one.

Comment

^ could be an auto.... in either case i would look at a clogged cat (lack of power).

angelanblair, if you could provide more info about your car, that would be helpful.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

The fact that the rpm's run higher than they used to in all gears. Says clutch.....or if an auto. still tranny problems.

Comment

I will go with what everyone else is saying, it does sound like a clutch.

Never heard of such a problem for an automatic.
          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

then you've never driven an auto with low fluid..... or a bad pump
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Regardless, its not a clogged cat causing this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                Yea that's usually my problem, like today going to work and back...second time I've driven the spire since I bought the Festy. Turned out my wife neglected to check the fluids for the last 3 weeks or so!!!
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                  Yea that's usually my problem, like today going to work and back...second time I've driven the spire since I bought the Festy. Turned out my wife neglected to check the fluids for the last 3 weeks or so!!!
                  You found one that checked something?
                  Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                    I don't drive automatics, they are nothing but trouble.

I guess that would make sense though, since an automatic just will not function well at all without enough fluid, considering that the fluid is much more important in them than say a Manual. A manual will function without oil or fluid, but it won't last long obviously, but an automatic without fluid won't function at all.
                    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
                    X