No announcement yet.

Wheels are getting hot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could also be your alignment. Too much friction on the tires heating up your rims. Thats whats happening to me. Did you do an alignment after all your work of ripping the brakes apart?
    91 Festiva L no options, not one. 92 240sx sr20det, 2012 Kia Soul Red Rock Edition.

Comment

Originally posted by jesteratc View Post
      Could also be your alignment. Too much friction on the tires heating up your rims. Thats whats happening to me. Did you do an alignment after all your work of ripping the brakes apart?
      Im actually going tomorrow and having alignment done. Toe in and out is all that will be able to be done (to my knowledge) as in previous alignments the front and rear caster and camber have no adjustments according to the Hawk-Eye alignment machine.

Sent from Galaxy S4 TAPATALK2
      Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

Frank its not your alignment I'll bet a case of Imports on it. Its your bearings,you said you are missing a spacer. Its a no brain er. No spacer equals mass quantities of bearing pre load. Factory pre load max is basically .0015". With no spacer the axle nut is just squeezing the bajeebers out of the bearings giving lots of friction. If you are missing a spacer on one side,Murphy's law dictates the other side is Bogus as well. If Bert has parts for you & will GIVE them to you,jump on that and pay the shipping.Then rebuild them and dont mix up the spacers.
        Last edited by nitrofarm; 06-09-2013, 08:30 AM.
        Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
        Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
        Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
          Frank its not your alignment I'll bet a case of Imports on it. Its your bearings,you said you are missing a spacer. Its a no brain er. No spacer equals mass quantities of bearing pre load. Factory pre load max is basically .0015". With no spacer the axle nut is just squeezing the bajeebers out of the bearings giving lots of friction. If you are missing a spacer on one side,Murphy's law dictates the other side is Bogus as well. If Bert has parts for you & will GIVE them to you,jump on that and pay the shipping.Then rebuild them and dont mix up the spacers.
          Thanks!!

@Bert hook me up man. I'll pay shipping. Pm me.

Sent from James' Galaxy S4 TAPATALK2
          Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

Good call , I missed post 2 and 3
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

^ same here... missing preload spacer is a death warrent for the bearings.

and the axle nut torque is 116-186.... i dont run any more than 150....
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
              X