Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed with an Oldsmobile!! sorry not festy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 88 GP was acting similar... I took it to a shop. They 'rebuilt the prom chip ends' and that solved the problem.

There's a guy on the W-body forum that can tune the prom(the chip you're talking about) and he did mine. I can also hook up my laptop to it and see live data

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
    Not when they get voltage spikes
    True story. My old 91 festiva had a trashed ECM because of a high voltage situation
    Buck.
    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Originally posted by Fordverde View Post
      Hi all. finally the ECM arrived, change it and problema solved! Got it at $99.95 on ebay although it came without the chip so i needed to reuse the old chip.
      Now that i saw that the chip can be changed, I'm wondering if there is a chip that can improve the performance alittle bid!
      Awesome,now just keep it away from the "Lighting"
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

i cant believe it!! the MF did it again! all these days were good and now it shut off, no pulse at the tbi. I have changed the ing module to see what happens!! an original one AC Delco offcourse...

Comment

ok, i changed the ing module with a new one, same thing! no pulse at the injector. checked every single electrical plug and found that the crack position sensor terminals were too open and were making a false contact. Reading further in the workshop manual, the sensor give the signal to the module and the module tells the the cpu that the engine is moving and that she should be activeting the injector.
          so now it is finally fixed !!! such a simple and stupid thing!!! i could have safed $176 if i had checked the sensor terminals first!!!

Comment

Working...
          X