No announcement yet.

A/C temp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want colder, you will have to stop the hot engine coolant from going into the heater core by installing a bypass hose.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 06-26-2013, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Got'cha. thanks brave
      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Okay, moved the little leaver all the way back towards the seat. Its cold, gonna take it for a drive whent the weather heats up, around 2 or 3 pm. May have to adjust it a little. Brave , what size is the inlet pipe, ID? What valve did you use? I'll probley go with a manule. Thanks everyone , that was great info/ideas!!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

You could use a 3/4" solenoid valve and have it be automatic when you push the A/C button. That'd be cool.
          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Why would you need to disconnect the cable from the lever, I just did that but there was no gain, the cable had the lever pushed all the way forward, Doc did your lever move for you.
            An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
              You could use a 3/4" solenoid valve and have it be automatic when you push the A/C button. That'd be cool.
              Scratch the size. Was thinking of the rad hoses. But a solenoid valve would still be cool for this. Probably 1/2", though.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

nav, I didn't bother hooking up my heater core. I just plumbed from the bottom of my intake manifold directly to that tube that wraps around the engine block. I cut a extra small piece of hose and pushed it over the heater core nipples without clamps, just to keep them clean. Does it ever get that cold in Florida where you need the heat turned on? I thought that, even in the winter, the sun would keep the inside of your car toasty warm.

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                  Why would you need to disconnect the cable from the lever, I just did that but there was no gain, the cable had the lever pushed all the way forward, Doc did your lever move for you.
                  Yep it moved fine. And yes it get COLD here , one or 2 days at a time.lol I still want it hooked up for the defrost, we are very humid even in winter & the windows fog up!
                  Last edited by navdoc101; 06-27-2013, 05:11 PM.

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Working...
                  X