No announcement yet.

Break lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CES Clutch Engage Switch tells the ECA that the car is in gear.
    Another piece of junk I threw out when I got rid of my ECA.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 07-10-2013, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Whatever it is its annoying cause I can't drive with no break lights or well... With break lights lol

Comment

Sorry the spelling is driving me crazy. Your "brake lights" are the things on the rear of your car, "break lights" means there are pieces of lights all over the driveway.

Comment

You need to track down the wires going to the switch...sounds like there is an exposed area making contact with metal somewhere.
          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
          Random Festiva Parts
          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

side note...are all mazda of this vintage the same switch? Not that you cannot splice something off anything and make it work. and yes napa probably sells a new uncorroded one cheap, just saying if you are inside a mazda already trying to wrestle out a tilt wheel or something

OP: definately get out a circuit tester and poke wiggle everything under there. Part of the joy of owning a festiva is putting in hours of hard work to make everything not superior to anyone else, but simply normal and functional lol.
            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

I bought one months ago from one of the auto parts places. I think it was around 15 bucks.
              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts

Comment

BOO or stop lamp switch is normally open so that no power flows to the brake bulbs in the tail lights. When you step on the pedal it closes the circuit and the brake lights come on. If you unplug BOO the brake lights will surely be off. Is BOO-BOO stuck? Can Yogi come out and play?
                Last edited by bravekozak; 07-10-2013, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tac View Post
                  Sorry the spelling is driving me crazy. Your "brake lights" are the things on the rear of your car, "break lights" means there are pieces of lights all over the driveway.
                  Hate people like you....

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    BOO or stop lamp switch is normally open so that no power flows to the brake bulbs in the tail lights. When you step on the pedal it closes the circuit and the brake lights come on. If you unplug BOO the brake lights will surely be off. Is BOO-BOO stuck? Can Yogi come out and play?
                    Bahahaha I'm gana mess with it, hopefully figure out wth is going on.

Comment

LOL.. nevermind that awful Boo switch with an automatic..

You can't put the car in gear once you start it!@$#@$#)^@($^@(*#^@!(*#^@($ without the brake pedal depressed (and the car KNOWING it's depressed)!

Ended up walking 1.5 miles to a Napa that had it, got all the way back, realized it was THE WRONG STUPID PART, and kept fiddling with my Boo switch until it just finally started working again. Involved a lot of throwing stuff. Haven't had any more issues in 15k miles.

-Joe
                      White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                      White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                      1988 LX 5-speed
                      ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Sounds kind of like my blower motor that stops working sometimes and just has to be persuaded with a hammer!
                        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                        Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                          Sounds kind of like my blower motor that stops working sometimes and just has to be persuaded with a hammer!

Bahahaha nice

Comment

Working...
                          X