No announcement yet.

mating the auto trans back to engine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the manual are a tad longer, but the manuals fit. Unless the holes go into the block without a backstop I don't see why they would keep the crank from turning.
    Fast....Women are fast
    Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

Some crank flanges are open to crankcase cavity . This Suzuki is, too long will push into block. Use thread lock, I don't remember if 1.3s are open flanged, double check, hate to pull it again because of leaky threads! Worse place to have an oil dribble!

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

If you used manual flywheel bolts on an auto flexplate the bolts are to long . They going all the way through the crank and hitting the main bearing cap . This will lock the crank up and your engine will not spin . I hope you didn't put them in to torque spec . I bought a car that this was done on , I pulled it all back apart and fixed the problem . Soon after like very soon I lost oil pressure and ended up pulling the engine finding the last main bearing toasted . It bent the rear main cap or the crank one or the other . It was junk at that point so I didn't investigate .
        New build on the way .

Comment

.......will cross my fingers that that didn't happen....
          Fast....Women are fast
          Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

Working...
          X