need moral support....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need moral support....

I Can't Make a Festy Run..... and it vexes me SO!.

i have spark, fuel, compression, timimg is correct. it trys to fire once in a while... it's as if i only have one working injector... in a BATCH FIRE system!?!?!

:gritteeth::gritteeth::gritteeth:
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

I had these same results not long ago and it turns out it was the ten pin plug under the battery . I'm guessing this is a fuel inj car . The pins would make contact every other bit .
    New build on the way .

Comment

I don't believe it for a second! Arty you're a little early for April fools jokes!

Comment

Don't doubt for a minute that you will quickly find the problem... and it will be something simple that we will all want to hear about.

Comment

Plug in the vaf hahahaha
          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Oh dang it, I have somehow slipped into an alternate universe where Arty does NOT know all! How do I get back to my regular universe?!?!
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
              I had these same results not long ago and it turns out it was the ten pin plug under the battery . I'm guessing this is a fuel inj car . The pins would make contact every other bit .
              I just had the same sort of problem with my b6t clean all those connectors below washer tank

Comment

yes you can

-Bryant

Comment

ok guys... i'll give that a shot, though i should mention that it's an auto (though it shouldn't make much of a differance). the only tool i didn't have with me was a noid light to verify injector signal.

the goofy bit about it is that the car was running as it came to a stop light, then it quit (or so i'm told).

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

I know you said you had fuel but did you check the fuel pressure? Possible filter clogged up?
                    Jerry
                    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

thought crossed my mind, but there's usually symptoms that develop before a complete failure. even if the filter would clog, one would think that the engine would fire for a second while the pump is at full bore before the rail bleeds down.... still something to consider.

Comment

Intermitant CPS signal in the Dizzy?
                        Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                        Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                        Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Remember the one we looked at last madness you were at? Have you checked the compression? That one ran until the moment it died, and kept threatening to start...
                          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

compression with a gauge was not done due to lack of a good battery to crank with. and this was at 7pm on the side of the road.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                              compression with a gauge was not done due to lack of a good battery to crank with. and this was at 7pm on the side of the road.
                              Well crud! Good luck man, I have confidence in your abilities!

If that isn't moral support, I don't know what is

Don't skimp on the updates!
                              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Working...
                              X