No announcement yet.

engine wont turn over...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

Replace the original Fuseable link with the style in the above post if you think it is bad. Most store will have these.

Comment

Originally posted by ratorrey View Post
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...=Fuseable+link

Replace the original Fuseable link with the style in the above post if you think it is bad. Most store will have these.
      just looked it up and the only place i can find them is on ebay...
      '93 Ford Festiva "RedRum"
      L Series, 5 Speed, Fun-Top
      Renaissance W. R.

Comment

Any parts store around here has em just make sure there the long ones and not the short ones.

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
          Any parts store around here has em just make sure there the long ones and not the short ones.
          ok i had to look them up under a 94' aspire but found them and got them but still clicking...this car is killing me.
          Renaissance W. R.

Comment

Have to try bump starting it. Even jusy to see if it will cough and try to start. At this point, its either something is seriously wrong with your starter wiring or you have more complex motor issues from your swap.

Comment

Make sure its in neutral with the e brake on ,and jump power to the small post on the starter to see if it turns over.I use a button with to the battery like a remote start switch. If it spins over turn the key to run and do it again to see if she fires.
              Donn

Comment

In the engine compartment drivers side the are between fuel filter and distributor there are some plugs. One of these plugs handles the starter circuit. On 2 of my festiva's one of those plugs being hit-loose prevented my car from starting. I believe it was dead not even a click,cannot really remember. Sorry for the bad pic,is is dark out..

image.jpg

Comment

thank you all for the help you have given me, i got her running a little rough on the idle but im tired and soaked so i will mess with that tomorrow (if it doesnt snow) turned out to be the battery and a wire to the starter like ratorrey had mentioned, the battery had charge but just low enough to where it wasn't starting. again, thank you all. i couldn't have done this with out your help.
                  Renaissance W. R.

Comment

Working...
                  X