Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what a new one looks like.

Used ones, like this old one usually go for around $20 + shipping
    Last edited by bravekozak; 01-11-2016, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Can someone post a pic of the "Hey idiot, it's right here" location of the resistor?
      I even had the cubic storage bin off a few days ago and I think/assume the black housing behind there's where the blower and such are but I can't find "how to" video on YouTube

Comment

Go back to post #14. Do you see that square hole above the left side of the blower fan? That's where the resistor sits.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 02-27-2016, 06:53 PM.

Comment

I just finished changing the heater blower motor resistor in Rosie.
          While I had the steering column and pedals out to convert to 5 speed I decided it was a good time.
          Was still a bit of a pain but I did get it done. The one in the heater that I pulled from the 93
          at the junk yard appeared to still be intact and I knew that the one in Rosie was mangled..blower only worked on high and low speeds.
          I'm going to order a couple of new one from 4Green on my next order so I will have spares in the future.
          Last edited by 1990new; 07-23-2016, 05:09 PM.

Comment

KKY01 61B15A. There is nothing like having all fan speeds working perfectly.
            I always pull the blower resistor from every junkyard Festiva that I find.
            Members will need them in the future.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 07-23-2016, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
              Go back to post #14. Do you see that square hole above the left side of the blower fan? That's where the resistor sits.
              Do you mean in the picture, the panel on the right, at top of picture, the small rectangular hole with the rusted, metal flange above the big round fan drum area? Is there a "here idiot" picture that someone has taken from their floor area pointing "it's right here" as I'm overlooking the obvious.

Comment

Yes, the small rectangular hole. Just be careful and pull it straight out. You don't want to break the ceramic or bend the thin coils.

Comment

Working...
                X