fuel pump relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pump relay

hi everyone great forum i just got a 89 festiva i only pay $50 for it ran good. and know the fuel pump stop working but i pulled it and it works fine if i power it with 12 volts and the car runs that way but is there a relay under the hod some place thanks jay

Location Of Fuel Pump Relay

I have a 91 and also cannot find the relay. I'm hoping someone can tell me the location.

Comment

Location Of Fuel Pump Relay

I can also tell you that the air intake plays a part in the fuel pump receiving power. If there is no air coming through the air intake the pump will not get power. The engine must be turning over either by the starter or by running for the pump to be energized.

Comment

Fuel Pump relay should be above the driver's left foot, against the kick panel, 6 position connector with 5 wires (black/red, yel/black, green/red, black, green/yel). And yes, the Vane Air Flow Meter provides a ground to relay coil. During cranking, there should be 12v on yel/black and black/red, and coming out on green/yel. There should be ground on the black wire. When running, ground should be present on the green/red wire, and the black/red should loose power.
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Also check the safety cut off switch. That's in the back of the car. Just a small black button on the drivers side, if I remember right. It's underneath the speaker.
          The Festiva Store
          Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Working...
          X