Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MY 93 FESTIVA USING ALOT OF PETROL ALSO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at your choke sticking and a broken vacuum hose

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by Pedropete91 View Post
      Yes I'm from Australia and it's carby 93. No engine light at all. Haven't spelt the exhaust yet. It's blue smoke on startup. Only keeps smoking untill warmed up. AND YES MY OIL DOES SMELL LIKE PETROL/GAS what does that mean? Cheers NITROFARM yes I have done a visual inspection of spark plugs I actually just cleaned them. No not really don't have strict emissions testing. About 3000 to 5000 kms. Will keep use posted thanks everyone
      If your oil does smell like gas that is a bad thing. Your engine is putting in so much gas that it is washing down your cylinder walls and getting past your rings into your crank case. This is very bad because it is diluting your oil with essentially a solvent that reduces your oils ability to lubricate. If you keep driving like this you will wreck your cylinder walls and cause low compression and oil blowby. If the blue smoke on startup is getting worse, this may be the reason why. If you are lucky it is just bad valve seals.

Follow Nitrofarms advice. I would check for something simple like vacuum lines first, but if could be many other things. Carburetors are like Voodoo magic to me. As I said earlier, if you have the money I would seriously consider looking at changing the Carb out for something simpler that allows you to eliminate a bunch of your vacuum lines and emissions related components. Rocketman (On this board) even makes adapters that allow you to bolt on different Carb options for your car. I don't know if he still has any though.

As far as checking for a stuck float : https://www.google.ca/search?q=carb+...+a+stuck+float
      - Form should follow function...

Comment

i don't know if it's possible on a festy but, one time on a V8 Chevrolet I was going thru quite a bit of gas. No external leaks could be seen or smelt.

Oil level was higher than normal and you could smell gas in the oil.

Turns out the mechanical fuel pump had developed a leak in the diaphragm causing the gas to be pumped into the crankcase. No external leaks at all.

This was the 1st time I had ever run across a leaking fuel pump where it wasn't dumping gas onto the ground.

Comment

I will take a look thanks nitrofarm. Cheers silicon soul I hope it's just valve stem steals. It's now smoking from a black hose that's sucks in air also my air filter is filled with smoke looks like it's coming from the carby. I found a hole in the exhaust right on the cat would this be why it's using so much petrol/gas? Think I'm gonna get it cut off and a straight pipe put in. Hopefully it won't be too loud. Thanks lessersivad

Comment

Are you saying you have blow by.... If so do a compression test on all four cylinders asap. And report back with your readings

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk
            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

I don't even know what blow by is lol. Ok I'll get a compression tester and test them

Comment

Working...
              X