BP Speedo and passenger cv bracket help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BP Speedo and passenger cv bracket help

The festiva speedo gear does not fit in this tranny. It is too tall. The gears are both 23 and seem to match up to each other well but the stock one is shorter
    Last edited by MTec007; 08-11-2014, 12:52 PM.

Comment

I've heard from the PO Of the car, he said that the rio tranny makes it so that the IM shaft doesn't line up properly, anyone have any ideas to correct this without using a welder ?

Comment

Yes simply use both Rio axles and make sure you center the drive train to prevent axle binding.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk
        Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
        Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
        Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Hmm. Well I guess assuming they will fit correctly on the car that would be a solution. Don't think i am up for the task of centering the tranny and engine though.

Still hoping someone knows which speedo gear will fit in this 01 rio 5 speed tranny since the festiva one didn't fit.

Comment

Originally posted by MTec007 View Post
            Hmm. Well I guess assuming they will fit correctly on the car that would be a solution. Don't think i am up for the task of centering the tranny and engine though.

Still hoping someone knows which speedo gear will fit in this 01 rio 5 speed tranny since the festiva one didn't fit.
            You just use Aspire LCA's and Rio Axle's.
            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
            X