Starter help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter help

So I tried to start it again this morning and still just click click click click click click click click. This time I noticed smoke coming from under the dash. Is it a messed up starter or possibly just the relay?
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

Aw crap you let the smoke out!

Its totaled!

Haha not really its a wiring connection issue. You probably smelled something funky, that was wires burning or the solenoid finally crapped cause you let it click too long. Could have been as simple as a battery connector wasn't tight enough, now it could be a bad solenoid too. Check all the connections battery to starter, make sure they're tight and try again.

Starter relay?!
    Last edited by zoom zoom; 08-03-2014, 08:31 PM.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Ill double check the battery terminals. I checked the 2 wires going to the starter 2 times. When I disconnect the spade one there is one click from under the dash.
      95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Repair help questions don't really belong in the general discussion forum

Thread moved

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Sorry about that I thought I picked repair.

Anyways I ended up plugging in a relay that said timer buzzer on it. It buzzed. So I unplugged it.

Problem ended up being a loose ground. The one that was loose was seemingly unrelated to the starter

What is the buzzer module for?
          95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Chobobulous View Post
            Sorry about that I thought I picked repair.

Anyways I ended up plugging in a relay that said timer buzzer on it. It buzzed. So I unplugged it.

Problem ended up being a loose ground. The one that was loose was seemingly unrelated to the starter

What is the buzzer module for?

For when the engine is running and someone opens the door it will sound. Though after all these years, mine doesn't always work.
            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
            X