No announcement yet.

Brake line issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can remove the caliper and loosen the brake line, turn the caliper until the loosened line is at the top and wait until bubbles stop, tighten line and install caliper. The worst bleed job I had was on a street rod a guy built. Ridiculous amount of money spent on custom body stuff but the result was the master cylinder reservoir and master cylinder were below the level of the brakes. It would not bleed. I went and got some clear vinyl tubing about 12 feet long, the cheap stuff like oxygen hose. I went to the longest line first, loosened and shoved the tubing over the bleeder. I ran the other end into the reservoir and hled it there with a clothes pin. I pumped the pedal until all the bubbles cleared and went to the next shortest. Didn't lose any fluid on the floor and it really worked slick.
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
      I went and got some clear vinyl tubing about 12 feet long, the cheap stuff like oxygen hose. I went to the longest line first, loosened and shoved the tubing over the bleeder. I ran the other end into the reservoir and held it there with a clothes pin. I pumped the pedal until all the bubbles cleared and went to the next shortest. Didn't lose any fluid on the floor and it really worked slick.
      Damn good idea, going to steal it!
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
      X