Headlights wont come on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights wont come on

All of my other lights work just fine. Bulbs arent burnt and the fuses are fine? is there anything else i can check? taking it somewhere is not an option i would appreciate any help thanks.
    willing to learn

Did they just stop working one day or was it like that when you got the car? Do your brights work but not your lows?

Comment

Sounds like dirty or worn contacts in the switch
      Paul
      91GL
      Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

stoped working one day

they jsut stopped working one day i just got new bulbs and tried them and nothing checked fuses they are fine. Any idea where i can get a wiring diagram? I'm going to check the conector things...dunno what they are called.
        willing to learn

Comment

Cought, check your fuseable links. There are 3. One is the ECM, one is the main (engine will crank but not run), and the other is the head lights. They are located on the driver side inner fender. I haven't had any luck buying these links so I make my own and always carry a couple spares in the glove box. Good luck. Mike
          90 Festiva L

Comment

GRRR

Checked them they are fine....the relay switch thingy is fine too I took the cover off and watched it open and close while turning the lights on and off but the still wont come on....Am i left with following a shit load of wires to find the prize?
            willing to learn

Comment

Well, you're gonna have to trace the wires probably. Start at one end and work your way to the other.

Comment

trace wires

and look for what exactly?
                willing to learn

Comment

I'm stupid

ok i feel stupid, The white relay switch 3was fine i didnt think to check what the blue thing was so i look at it and its in pieces... I went to "u pull it" and found 1 festiva and no switch I look on the internet and find one but it doesnt look right at all
                  willing to learn

Comment

DOES THIS LOOK RIGHT?

If this is the right thing it ddoesnt look anything like what i am trying to replace, so if it is the right thing then what do i do with it?[/img]
                    willing to learn

Comment

Working...
                    X