Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to tell whats bad if the tire wiggles both at 3/9 and 12/6...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tell whats bad if the tire wiggles both at 3/9 and 12/6...

Tie rod, wheel bearing, control arm? I was thinking control arm but not for sure. What think you? Could be wheel bearing too, is making some noise.

if it is at both of those positions, it would lead me to think wheel bearing. the best way to do it is to have someone else slide under the car while you wiggle it. ( or vice versa ) and look at the tie-rod end and then the hub while wiggling. that will def help narrow it down.

Comment

You started a new thread for the same problem.WHY? I told you exactly how to check if its a bearing etc
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
        You started a new thread for the same problem.WHY? I told you exactly how to check if its a bearing etc
        Well, I'm 52 so maybe I'm not remembering to well. What post was it where you "told me exactly how to check". Sorry I didn't check with you before posting. Next time I'll contact the posting nazi before proceeding

Comment

LMAO! I'm sure glad to see I'm not the only old guy who might get on here and make a mistake. HaHaHaHaHa...................... Thanks jimdigs!!
          When I'm good I'm very, very good and when I'm bad I'm HORRID.

Comment

Originally posted by jimdigs View Post
            Well, I'm 52 so maybe I'm not remembering to well. What post was it where you "told me exactly how to check". Sorry I didn't check with you before posting. Next time I'll contact the posting nazi before proceeding
            We are contemplating starting an elite group of posting storm-troopers, to act as a posting SWAT team.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Try tightening the lug nuts. I know someone who had her car towed.
              Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
              X