Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

93 GL looking for the best manual. Any PDF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 GL looking for the best manual. Any PDF?

Hey looking for something like a Haynes repair manual for 1993 GL 1.3L in pdf format or something like it. Has anyone stumbled across anything like this?htd
    ScooterPookin

My sig.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Awesome man, 91 works on a 93?
      ScooterPookin

Comment

Yes.
        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Thanks seems like a lot of compiled information here
          ScooterPookin

Comment

Do yourself a favor and get a used Ford manual off of Ebay. Not a Haynes or Chiltons. I find it much easier to have a book handy when working on my car vs trying to use a PC, laptop, tablet etc. with my greasy hands. I suppose you could always print out the pages you need for the repair you are doing, but I leave mine in the car in case I break down.
            Rick
            1993 Ford Festiva
            1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
            1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
            2000 Ford E350

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefreek View Post
              Do yourself a favor and get a used Ford manual off of Ebay. Not a Haynes or Chiltons. I find it much easier to have a book handy when working on my car vs trying to use a PC, laptop, tablet etc. with my greasy hands. I suppose you could always print out the pages you need for the repair you are doing, but I leave mine in the car in case I break down.
              Thanks Eaglefreek, you say used manual over Haynes. I was thinking about purchasing this Haynes manual from ebay; http://www.ebay.com/itm/Haynes-Ford-...fd7809&vxp=mtr

Why do you prefer Used over Haynes Manual?
              ScooterPookin

Comment

As Eagle says, get a Ford Shop Manual for your "93.
                Much more info than the Haynes.
                If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

There is some useful info in the Haynes and Chilton, but for the most part, they're useless.
                  Rick
                  1993 Ford Festiva
                  1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
                  1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
                  2000 Ford E350

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefreek View Post
                    There is some useful info in the Haynes and Chilton, but for the most part, they're useless.
                    Agree. I only use them to help point me in the right direction: just in case their is a specialty tool needed or an odd procedure. Also handy to tell you where things are at if you aren't used to a particular car. Worthless for troubleshooting. FSM is the only way to go for troubleshooting.
                    The Festiva Store
                    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

I guess it depends on what you want to do. The Haynes manual has been good enough for me but then I'm not a mechanic and I don't race or rebuild my car. I just use it for transportation.
                      Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
                      X