Complete Exhaust system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Exhaust system

Does anyone know where I can find a complete exhaust system? I need to replace the whole thing. As always, I am looking to do this most economically as I can. The car isn't worth $500 so a $400 exhaust just won't work. I am kind of at a loss. Parts alone from like Rock Auto are almost $300 before shipping.. Nothing available local either. Can do all the work myself, just need to find parts!! Same old story I guess

Manifold to muffler?
    And everything in between?
    Last edited by bhearts; 02-03-2015, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Usually if you go to a muffler shop they can make one for a decent price.

Comment

Manifold to muffler yes.. I wouldn't mind having the catalytic removed and not replaced, but hey???

Comment

Get a fake cat from siliconintakes.com, $40. http://www.siliconeintakes.com/dsm-i...ter-p-328.html

Then buy the complete exhaust from Rock Auto. It's a mistake IMO to say you can't afford to spend money on this car. What would it cost you on any other car, with far worse gas ileage, less reliability and harder to work on?
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Sounds like op needs a header

Comment

I got from the manifold to just past where the cat goes for 40 bucks at the local exhaust shop.
              91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
              06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
              95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

A local exhaust shop should be in the $200 range for everything. And yes, The Festiva is worth it!!!!

Get on the phone and call a few shops. Stay away from Midas, and the like. Use the small guys. It is the same exhaust system as the big box shops.
                Last edited by drddan; 02-06-2015, 05:20 PM.
                Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

There was someone selling exhaust systems on the forum. Anyone know who it was?

Comment

Local shops want almost $400 for the system.. Still need this. Worse than ever now. .

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                      Get a fake cat from siliconintakes.com, $40. http://www.siliconeintakes.com/dsm-i...ter-p-328.html

Then buy the complete exhaust from Rock Auto. It's a mistake IMO to say you can't afford to spend money on this car. What would it cost you on any other car, with far worse gas ileage, less reliability and harder to work on?
                      This is a great idea, but the hangers are not with this piece? Can regular hangers be adapted to make it work?

Comment

Keeping the cost of repairs down means doing the vast majority of the work yourself. I've had to deal with the $400 exhaust system as well, where the place wanted to throw on whatever they had laying around. It's frustrating in the least! Good luck in your search, but I promise that you'll surpass the cost of the car making repairs, even if you're frugal. Three oil changes is $90, you know? A new set of tires, an alignment, a pair of wipers, and you're right at it. Throw on a set of brakes and a pair of cheap floor mats and the little stuff has bought the car again. With the Festiva, you pretty much bought transportation, but remember that it's a 23-year-old vehicle and easy-outs can mean roadside assistance/tows.
                        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

I found a full exhaust from picknpull for 18 dollars
                          Still had the stickers on it ,they haven't even burnt off yet lol.
                          Basically a cat back because they cut the cats out before putting them on the yard. Would try local junk yards or build your own.

Comment

You can just buy the pipe needed and a few clamps and a cherry bomb for well under 100 bucks....a little bit of work on a Saturday and you're done

Comment

Two aluminized sticks, flanges, 2 90 swedged bends and 4 45 's one muffler, about a dozen clamps, a nice chrome tip. A muffler...there are clamp on hangers and new rubber too if needed. Or a good long lasting red neck exhaust. Cut off the header pipe and install a new flange gasket. Get 16 feet or so of stainless flex pipe and clamp it on. Flex pipe that long dampens noise some you might only need a nice tip.
                              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
                              X