Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coolant flush, which hose is inlet for heater core?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant flush, which hose is inlet for heater core?

For a 1991 North American Festiva, is the inlet hose closest to the drivers side or the hose closest to the passenger side? Also, which connector do I pull to force the cooling fan to run continuously, the connector on the thermostat housing or the other connector closer to the passenger side of the car? Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe the inlet hose is the one closest to the passenger side.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
      Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe the inlet hose is the one closest to the passenger side.
      Correct.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

The pipe from the front sucks it back out. The switch is at the t stat housing.
        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

If you are flushing the heater core out, be sure to do it in both directions, alternating back and forth until the water runs clear.

Comment

.... and use Cascade
            Last edited by drddan; 05-08-2015, 04:22 PM.
            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Leave the doors open so that the water doesn't get too deep inside .
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

"Cascade" should be taken literally?
                Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
                X