No announcement yet.

dazed and confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i bled one line and fluid isnt getting to another and i dont have anymore money to replace that line so idk what to do

Comment

Take a wire or coat hanger and try to poke the rust out of the line

If it is the rubber part not much you can do until you can buy another.
      Last edited by Movin; 06-06-2015, 01:08 PM.
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

i fixed that issue... now there is no pressure at all i feel like im way over my head

Comment

i am looking into the aspire swap. i just lost my job so that will have to wait.. so i really need a quick fix

Comment

i have one stopping tire. i know its not safe but right now i have no choice.

Comment

The brakes operate in diagonal pairs so if one goes two should still operate. It's controlled by the combination valve on the firewall. It sounds like the brake pedal is no longer going to the floor so it is maintaining pressure in the lines? That would leave blockage or stuck wheel cylinders but you said in the original post the brakes had been working so the cylinders must be okay? Other than blockage or stuck cylinders I can't imagine what might be going on. I don't see what role the fuse had as the brake system is manual as far as I know. Of course blockage could occur anywhere - lines, master cyclinder, or combo valve. Hope the hand brake works.
              Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

No the hand brake does not work. i did try to fix it but with no extra cash its kind of difficult. i have to replace the entire brake system, by that i mean doing the aspire conversion when i have the cash. the only tire i have with working brakes is the driver front. The passenger tire needs everything for the brakes, i don't think they were working for a while. the rear tires is all messed up, drivers side needs new line found a whole. passenger side the previous owner stripped the nut to bleed. the car needs more work then i thought when i bought it.

Comment

Working...
                X