No announcement yet.

Cant get the Festiva to start!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great! Now just figure out where the gremlins are and you will have a nice little machine. Congratulations on the find

Comment

Thanks and just pulled the injectors and tested them. They come on but no flow, guess they are clogged or the car isn't turning them on.

Comment

nevermind the injectors do work, and ideas on why they are not working?

Comment

I know there is a fuel injector pressure regulator on the fuel rail, if it is bad think it could cause them to not work?

Comment

Um.... the ecm turns them on, no power to the ecm= no on signal to the injectors. .... My only thought here.

Comment

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20127 here are the diagrams you should be using as reference material.

Comment

sweet thanks

Comment

Start here : does yellow/black at the injectors have 12v when key is on? If yes then ecm is suspect if no then power is suspect.

Comment

I suspect your main fuse link or your main relay ( post #1 in above link) to be where you will find your loss of 12v.....

Comment

No power when key is turned on

Comment

Find your spot where power goes in, and does not come out.... Repair that issue and you should have fixed the problem.... Begin at the fuse links on the driver shock tower. Test input and then output..... If 12v on both sides of fuse move on to the main relay and do the same, test input then output....... I almost has to be one of those two.....
                        Last edited by red90festyonair; 09-21-2015, 04:33 PM.

Comment

It's running!!! Wire was broke on the fusible link. Runs really good for 175k miles

Comment

That is awesome!.... Enjoy

Comment

That was my first guess. Should have started there but cool it's running.
                              1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                                X