No heat to top vents? 1993 Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    same here. And I also get a trickle of cold air out the main vents while on floor and or defrost.
    Oh yeah, I get this too.

Originally posted by william View Post
    Blinding door seal / cable misaligned
    Yup. I'm just living with it, at least for now. It heats adequately in the winter--considering I'm already wearing season-appropriate clothing. When I really want to drive warmly, I just jump in the Aspire, where the heating system works perfectly. Besides getting heat out of the dash vents, I wonder if the Aspire system was upgraded quality-wise from a cheaper/more primitive setup on the Festys.
    Last edited by TominMO; 12-30-2015, 05:06 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I have only had the FestivaL a few weeks. I have thought that the fan motor is bad as the temp needle fluctuates and it gets warm-er, but the fan sounds like it's not on. After reading here, can someone tell me am I to have the vents to circulate inside air or bring in outside air? And, if I understand, I should set to floor for best heat? I have it on floor/def but it doesnt blow squat. Help

Comment

Originally posted by meyek91974 View Post
        I have only had the FestivaL a few weeks. I have thought that the fan motor is bad as the temp needle fluctuates and it gets warm-er, but the fan sounds like it's not on. After reading here, can someone tell me am I to have the vents to circulate inside air or bring in outside air? And, if I understand, I should set to floor for best heat? I have it on floor/def but it doesnt blow squat. Help
        Floor or defrost gets the best heat.

Sent from my HUAWEI H892L using Tapatalk
        88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

You should hear the fan working.Check for a bad fuse to start with.

Comment

If your fuse is good tap on your blower motor it's on the drivers side up and to the right or the gas pedal.

Comment

Working...
            X