Knuckle/driveshaft install question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
    Took me a while to figure out how they worked. That does sound easy. Seems like you could do the same with a pair of straight (unbowed) 1x6 boards tho. Slots could be sawed into them for the tape measures. I think I will try that. These are no doubt more convenient and nice to have tho.

As long as I am driving normally, there is no major swerve left or right related to torque steer. It's quite manageable and does not feel unsafe, just have to be aware of this "feature" and correct for it.
    You probably could, and for quick and dirty, measure up the same distance, front of tire and rear of tire, from rim to rim, and I bet your still a little toe out or in. It is my experience that toe alignment being out causes the problem your having. Although a loose LCA could easily have mimcked that problem for pretty much the same reason, ie, if it is wobbly, toe is changing.
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
      You probably could, and for quick and dirty, measure up the same distance, front of tire and rear of tire, from rim to rim, and I bet your still a little toe out or in. It is my experience that toe alignment being out causes the problem your having. Although a loose LCA could easily have mimicked that problem for pretty much the same reason, ie, if it is wobbly, toe is changing.
      Good to keep in mind when doing this stuff.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Yesterday I replaced the pass. side knuckle, which also had noisy bearings, with the spare right knuckle I had. It came off the same JY Aspire as the "new" driver's knuckle. I aligned it perfectly straight, and took it for a test drive today. All the torque steer issues went away. The only thing I can think of is that the spec for the angle of the tie rod end arm on the knuckle changed from '95 to whatever year Aspire the new knuckles came out of, but that does not seem reasonable. Anyway, lesson learned; it seems best to change them with knuckles from the same year, or best of all to change both at once.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I have a 02 rio drivers front (had both sides but passenger side was bad) I put a aspire knuckle on the passenger side and it went way toe in.
          There quite a bit different then the rio I realined it and it drivers fine but I'm almost out of adjust on the passenger side to get it in speck and the drivers side has plenty of adjustment left.

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
            I have a 02 rio drivers front (had both sides but passenger side was bad) I put a aspire knuckle on the passenger side and it went way toe in.
            There quite a bit different then the rio I realined it and it drivers fine but I'm almost out of adjust on the passenger side to get it in speck and the drivers side has plenty of adjustment left.
            On Rock Auto, under 95 Aspire, there is a DEEZA brand tie rod, PN KIA604, which says it's for Aspires and 01-05 Rios. It's only $11 and claims to be premium quality. Don't know how long it is, but it might be an answer for you.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

It's funny I had the same issue with the swap we did to mine.

Comment

Working...
              X