Front Struts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Struts

So I am trying different configurations of struts and strut combinations on the different Festivas we own. I just ordered front shocks and mounts for a 2002 Kia Rio (1.5 L engine) where the left and right struts are different. The intent is to use the Kia struts/mounts with Festiva springs. Before I put the new struts and mounts on, did I order the correct struts. Should I have ordered the struts for the 1.3 L? Thanks.

dont think it matters unless it shows different part numbers. Also get rio brake lines.
    I've done this combo on aspire brakes and did not pay attention to engine

Comment

The Rock Auto catalogue list different Struts for the 1.3 and the 1.5. Thanks for the tip on the brake lines.

Comment

I have the 01-02 Rio 1.5L struts with Festy springs and brake lines. The brake lines do not go into the little bracket for them on the strut, hence using Rio lines I guess.

I'd recommend getting gen1 Miata front springs from Rock Auto; they are 140# IIRC. That's what I'm switching to in the spring, and would have done it originally if I'd known more then. You might want to cut them one coil, to maintain a proper ride height. Just saying, I don't know from experience.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Sorry I met brake hoses not lines. You can use the Festiva hoses. Like TominMo said just a little tight.

TominMo is the Miata springs heavier or lighter? I reused the Festiva springs. The car sat one inch higher. And it has a harsher ride than I like.

Comment

Working...
          X