Leaking brake fluid mystery.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking brake fluid mystery.....

Every three to four days I have to refill the brake fluid reservoir. I have checked everywhere for leaks. Lines,
    junctions, hoses. rear wheel cylinders and the piston for the disc brakes. rear has all new cylinders and from
    front piston has new piston rubber seal inside piston. There is no sign of any brake fluid leaking anywhere.
    All the repairs and replacements took place in May of this year and since October have had to refill the brake fluid
    as mentioned above. Is there something I am missing? I have even had someone pump and hold the brakes to see if
    anything showed up......Nothing. I did visual check, but also feeling each area with finger to detect and thing that was
    not visible. Has anyone had this problem or a solution? Also no smell of brake fluid on the interior. Please help! Thanks.
    SEMPER FIDELIS

Did you check where the master bolts to the booster? Years ago, on another car, I had a master that leaked and it filled the booster with fluid
    Rick
    1993 Ford Festiva
    1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
    1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
    2000 Ford E350

Comment

If you don't have leaks in the lines,hoses,wheel cylInders,or calipers it is 99 percent it is leaking at the back of the master cylinder.A leak between the master and booster is not always visible fluid sometime leaks onto the booster not to the outside where you can see it.Do not buy a cheap master cylinder.All parts are not created equal and I've seen some pretty poor made in India brake components.
      30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Thanks for the help guy's
        SEMPER FIDELIS

Comment

Working...
        X