91 Festiva question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 Festiva question?

We have a 91 Festiva and we are having issues with it starting. It will fire and run off ether. We replaced the fuel pump and have made sure there is fuel at the fuel rail. When we check the fuel injector wiring there is power at the green wire with the key on and it appears to slightly pulse when cranking. The other wire also shows power when cranking. If we hook the test light to the battery positive there is a pulsing light when cranking on the green wire and nothing on the other wire. We are lost on this one. Anyone have any words of wisdom for us? I hate electrical problems!

Do you have the vaf and intake pipe connected? The vaf is the metal unit that the filter is attached to.
    it won't run if there is a leak in the intake pipe. Where are you squirting the ether into the intake?
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Believe it or not mine ran as rid as a cob one morning after just checking the oil. Turns out I left the oil filter cap off. After I put it back on and tightened it down.... Instantly!.... Ran like a top

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry guys the holiday kinda took over all spare time. We've got the air intake taken apart between the filter and the throttle body. Will try hooking that back up and trying again. Didn't realize these were that sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by loser77 View Post
          Sorry guys the holiday kinda took over all spare time. We've got the air intake taken apart between the filter and the throttle body. Will try hooking that back up and trying again. Didn't realize these were that sensitive.
          It's not that Festivas are sensitive, they just need for the VAF to be able to do its job, which it can't if there is no air flowing thru it. The VAF is a major part of the feedback system to the computer. Can't expect any car to run right if sensors are disabled.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
          X