No announcement yet.

Heat problem fix!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For winter driving I set the heater on defrost and fan on lowest speed just to keep the windshield clear. And the vent open to let in outside air otherwise condensation from my breath just recirculates and gets blown onto the wind shield. For heat I wear a coat, scarf, and mitts.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by 93FestyEh View Post
      Spray foam always traps moisture and accelerates the rusting in a big way. It's never a good idea unless you plan on crushing or junking your car within the next year.

I thought your car looked bad enough in the initial pics 3 years ago that it should be crushed. I can't imagine how it looks now. I'm sure it's legally unsafe.
      Its not legally unsafe, but it hasnt been on the road for about a year now.
      Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
      For winter driving I set the heater on defrost and fan on lowest speed just to keep the windshield clear. And the vent open to let in outside air otherwise condensation from my breath just recirculates and gets blown onto the wind shield. For heat I wear a coat, scarf, and mitts.
      Yeah, but i want to be warm in the car when its -40 out :/ maybe i am too picky but last week i drove both cars on the same day. So outside temps both at -27c and my festiva got the inside of the car up to -4c and the civic about +20c in the same distance. Thats a big difference. You feel warm in the civic, not the festiva. Even when i drove the civic in -40 the other day the inside got reasonably warm, the festiva doesnt.
      I wear thick winter clothes but i commute 2hrs a day or more for work and its nice to be warm.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X