B3 Timing cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B3 Timing cover

Is it a common thing for the plastic timing cover to warp? Mine warped. PO said she replaced it and it warped again cuz it just does that, but recent, umm... discoveries... Leave me doubtful of anything I was told. But, if that is the case, does anyone have any custom work or anything they can post? Thanks guys
    Last edited by Sid_RallyX_82; 01-22-2016, 02:20 PM.
    A mechanic knows how; A technician knows why.

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Reassembling"Aurora" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @240k miles

FB Festiva page: Jared Bennett
    Instagram: jaredbear82

It is not uncommon for people to cut out the center of the upper timing belt cover, leaving enough on front, top and upper rear to do some good, but eliminate the rubbing on the water pump pulley. This also lets you check your belt timing without removing the cover.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

This is my concern
      image.jpg
      Should I be worried about debris getting in there and causing damage? I spend a lot of time driving on dirt
      A mechanic knows how; A technician knows why.

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Reassembling"Aurora" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @240k miles

FB Festiva page: Jared Bennett
      Instagram: jaredbear82

Comment

Here are the Kia part numbers in case you decide to order them from Four Green.

Comment

Working...
        X