88 Ford Festiva LX ( Brake Issues)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 Ford Festiva LX ( Brake Issues)

Put on new master cylinder and brake booster. Bled brakes on all four wheels.
    When depressing the brake peddle I have very little braking, the peddle goes almost
    to the floor. When I bled the brakes, I had no air in the brake fluid at all. The fluid ran clear
    four times. All fittings are tight, loosing no fluid level in the reservoir except when bleeding each wheel.
    Now I have done this a million times before and never ran into this problem. Could it be the proportioning valve?
    Any help, however absurd, would be appreciated.
    Last edited by usmcsgt1968; 01-24-2016, 11:38 AM. Reason: some corrections
    SEMPER FIDELIS

You may need to bleed the master itself before the crashes
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Festiva's take a lot of bleeding. Sometimes it helps to pump the brakes with the engine running.

Comment

Assume you bench bled the new master cyclinder? Somebody else is having the same problem after replacing the master cyclinder but he writes he bench bled it. Check those recent posts. I replaced all the brake line on mine and did not have the problem. I didn't replace the master cyclinder or the brake booster so I'd concentrate on those. If there's no leaks and the wheels bled all right that's likely where it's at? Unless you had some strange problem which made you replace those parts in the first place.
        Last edited by WmWatt; 01-24-2016, 07:05 PM.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
        X