Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2000 Ford Festiva (australia) Ford Aspire (USA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently no. We will do that right now and try in the again in the morning. So it idles high when we start it cold at the moment and what your asking if it idles even higher with that inpluged or idle high like it has been. Apologies for sounding stupid. Can't thank you enough for your help.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

Actually I want the engine warmed and idling low and for you to pull the plug on the IAC to disable it, then let the engine cool over night and observe the idle with the IAC out of the equation. If the idle remains high in the morning, then get to spraying it with an aerosoled fuel (brake clean, carb clean, ether) around the intake manifold to search for vacuum leaks.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Yep that is what we have done.
        We will let it cool overnight and see what happens at start up in the morning.

Comment

Car won't start at all.

Comment

Pedal to the floor while cranking, this initiates a clear flood mode and shuts down the injectors. If it sputters during this, the engine isn't seeing enough air to combat the amount of fuel being inserted. That also means the IAC is completely closed. But before condemning the IAC, check for spark and fuel pressure.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

We decided to change over the ECU'S just see if it was that and it seems it was. Thank goodness we have two festivas otherwise it could have been a very expensive excersise. Thank you for all of your help though
              Cheers!

Comment

Working...
              X