No announcement yet.

Washed engine bay now wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Volume Air Meter... It is the device under your air filter that measures airflow to the engine. I know it affects fuel, but can't remember if it affects spark as well...

*edit - I meant to say fuel pump
    Last edited by SiliconSoul; 04-26-2016, 04:07 PM.
    - Form should follow function...

Comment

on the drivers side there is three little sets of wires that double over and push into a small fuse block type thing. Others can give you the actual name of what im talking about. Push the wires down firmly ontop their connections. If they come lose just a bit it will crank for days with no spark.
      ill take a picture in about 10 minutes.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I swaped my fuse block for pal fuses and i have checked them and replaced with known good pal fuses

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

mine is different but yours will look like a set of three wires. It will be near the shock tower on the drivers side. Make sure the wires are connected really good. The hose might have knocked one lose.

1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
            1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I say let it sit longer. When i washed my last car engine it sat until monday and it fired right back up. I remember i wanted to sell it and had a guy come 1 day after i washed it. It ran but only on 3. a few days later it was fine.

Sounds like you have fixed all the normal crap.

Good luck man you are above me now!
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

How do i confirm dizzy bad or good i have all the tools ill go buy what ever is necessary to diagnose the problem

Also I have a bunch of relays on the driver side how do I confirm that theyre good or bad
                Last edited by Cory_Thurmond; 04-26-2016, 04:21 PM.

Comment

The 2 silver can looking one were soaking wet

Its rediculous that a little water would cause this so i would really like to find the problem rather then waiting and it just fire up. So i can prevent this from happening in the future....
                  Last edited by Cory_Thurmond; 04-26-2016, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Let it fully dry out. Unplug sstuff. It hax to be dry. it will fire back up in a few days.
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I want to re do my wiring harness i need the car running for i start hacking it up lol

Comment

It sounds to me like the distributor. I cant remember how to check it. Search for other no-start threads on here and go to the end to see what the problem was. There was one recently that was the distributor. It happened to me. Ill see if i can find it quick but i dont have much time.
                        A car this new should start within an hour after getting washed if nothings wrong. I see no reason it shouldnt at least try to fire right away even if it was soaking and nothing was wrong...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here
                          Testing ICM Ignition Control Module for 88-89 Festivas
                          Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

Didnt read it, dont know if its what you need, i got to go. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mines a 91 wiring harness and efi

Last edited by Cory_Thurmond; 04-26-2016, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Very Active Memory?
                              Virtual Anesthesia Machine?
                              Vancouver Academy of Music?
                              Vertical Ascent in Meters?
                              Video Asisted Meeting?
                              Vinyl Acetate Monomer?
                              Vehiculos Automotores Mexicanos?

Get some compressed air and blow everything out dry.
                              Last edited by bravekozak; 04-26-2016, 08:35 PM.

Comment

2 silver relays are ac the small clear plug is head lights I believe and blue plug is fan relay iirc
                                Big plug is main relay that controls injectors.
                                Sounds like something is still wet .

Comment

Working...
                                X