Head differences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head differences?

I'm looking at a new head for my 93 L. The head is cracked and I've found a used head from a 97 aspire. I know they have different valve trains. Is one in particular better for mileage or boost? Right now the car is kind of a hypermiler but before too long I'd like to turbo it. Maybe this is a perfect reason to build it for boost. I'd just like input on which setup is better

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Aspires have roller rockers unlike the Festiva. Might see a slight improvement in power. I've heard/seen a few comments that the Aspire head is better for the Efi Festiva motors.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Also, any B3 head will fit any B3 motor/car. Festiva carby, EFI, or Aspire. All intake and exhaust manifolds bolt up to all heads.

The Aspire's HLAs are just more convenient, no manual adjustments needed. But they do need replacing from time to time, or at least cleaned out if they get gunky.
      Last edited by TominMO; 05-26-2016, 09:24 PM.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

ive got an australian festiva B5 sohc motor with noisy lifters, whats your favourite method of degunking them? soak them in ATF?

Comment

Sonic bath

Also, if you use the aspire rockers, you must use the aspire cam.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
          X