Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Bought Another Festy: Possible Seized Motor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too late to edit my last reply but I found this one currently on ebay for $499 shipped. (Cheaper than Mine)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-OEM-Ford...pXM2RH&vxp=mtr

It's the small nose like the one I bought so be sure you buy a new crank bolt and use locktite when you put the your crank pulley on.

And it says there are 6 available ... how about that!

Says they only ship to a business address so if you will need to make arrangements with a local business to receive it .

Sorry... didn't mean to hijack your thread AL...
    Last edited by 1990new; 06-06-2016, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Thanks 1990new...no problem and thank you for letting us know about that block...BUT...doesn't that mean that you had to buy all new pistons and a ton of other stuff making that an expensive motor when it was all said and done? BTW, is that block different than the original Festiva motors?

Comment

That's a complete short block which includes the crank and pistons.
        These are the small nose b3 engines that came in the original 88-early 92 Festivas.
        Here's what I did to complete it.
        Bought new:
        oil pump, water pump (these came with gaskets), head gasket, bottom pan gasket, exhaust and intake manifold gaskets, valve cover gasket, timing cover gaskets, crank bolt, crank woodruff key.
        Bought rebuilt:
        Head which I paid $179 to an ebay seller (nwcylinderheads).
        Use from old engine:
        Bottom pan
        flex plate (fly wheel for 5 speed)
        valve cover.

After putting this together, you would have a long block.

Then just add all the other parts from you old engine:
        Intake and exhaust manifold, pulleys, distributor and everything else and you will be ready to install.

With everything I essentially have a brand new engine for less than $1000.

There are tons of pictures in my Rosie Project link to photobucket library if you are interested.
        Notice that I originally put the flex plate on backwards and ruined my starter.
        Last edited by 1990new; 06-06-2016, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Thank you so much for all of that information 1990new!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
            Too late to edit my last reply but I found this one currently on ebay for $499 shipped. (Cheaper than Mine)

It's the small nose like the one I bought so be sure you buy a new crank bolt and use locktite when you put the your crank pulley on.

And it says there are 6 available ... how about that!

Says they only ship to a business address so if you will need to make arrangements with a local business to receive it .

Sorry... didn't mean to hijack your thread AL...
            Thanks for the post. Last week I brought home a non-1990 for my son which I bought only knowing that the engine had back fired and quit. I changed the timing belt, straightened out the timing and tried to start it. The engine locked after it turned over 2-3 times. I spent several hours trying to find out what's wrong but gave up. This morning I read this thread and my son bought one of these blocks off of eBay. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by bolokid View Post
              Thanks for the post. Last week I brought home a non-1990 for my son which I bought only knowing that the engine had back fired and quit. I changed the timing belt, straightened out the timing and tried to start it. The engine locked after it turned over 2-3 times. I spent several hours trying to find out what's wrong but gave up. This morning I read this thread and my son bought one of these blocks off of eBay. Thanks for the link.
              Happy to hear that this was helpful. When his engine arrives, tell you son to check the rear seal to make sure it isn't dried out and cracked. Mine looked fine so I didn't change it.

Comment

Working...
              X