B3/Tranny Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B3/Tranny Removal

So I've used the search for a simple removal thread of the stock guts & found no relevant hit. So I'm looking for the easiest way to pull the motor/automatic tranny. Location of bolts/pics would be a plus. Don't have a lift would prefer to drop it on the ground where she sits then torch the front end off at the firewall. Only want the hiney of this box LOL. Any help is appreciated & sorry if there is a thread I looked but couldn't find one but then again this old man sucks at googling/hash tags & all that cool kid stuff
    Send An Invite If Ya Want

1991 Ford Festiva GL- Auto

If that's all you're after, then cut the heater core hoses and fuel lines, remove the rear crossmember bolts and get cutting! The rest will come away clean if you support the 2 halves.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Cool thought about that but wasn't sure what might still hold it together & possibly cause more work for me in the end. One last question for ya what about the steering rack? Any bolts on that that I should pop before I start cutting?

Comment

Just the outer tie rod ends.
        I'm also assuming you don't care about the harness, because that will be dismembered when you cut.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Nope don't care about the harness or the functionality of any of it after I'm done. Outer tie rods/lines & hoses then the fun of the torch Thanks for the help man!

Comment

I would go with a sawsall, and Diablo blades... Less hazard and a cleaner cut... Faster too.

Comment

Working...
            X