No announcement yet.

Possible leaking brake proportioning valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to use PB, but lately I've been using Kroil.

I've already had 4 of the 6 lines removed. 2 within the past couple of months when I replaced the rear lines. And the 2 front lines a few years ago.

Not saying they're not gonna be stubborn and I am prepared if replacement is necessary.

It'll probably be a while before I get to this project. Unless the brakes completely fail....LOL.

Comment

Thread 22624

They say that nicopp is just as good, less expensive and more ductile.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 12-14-2016, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        Thread 22624

They say that nicopp is just as good, less expensive and more ductile.
        It seems I read somewhere nicopp is used a lot in Europe to avoid rusted lines.

I used standard steel and hosed them down with Fluid Film ​to hopefully keep the 'rustmites' at bay.
        Last edited by lessersivad; 12-14-2016, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Alright, I swapped the proportioning valve/splitter with a used one and so far, no more mystery fluid loss. Got all the brakes bled and have been driving it some.

I haven't had a chance to take a real good look for pin holes or small cracks. There is no more wetness/dampness on the valve itself or surrounding areas.

ALL of the lines from the donor vehicle and my '93 came off without so much as a hiccup. Lines went back on with little trouble. Kroil and a line wrench to the rescue LOL.

So far, so good.
          Last edited by lessersivad; 02-14-2017, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X