Coolant hose part # ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant hose part # ???

I'm perplexed. I have a coolant hose that sprung a leak. It is the hose that tees of from the metal coolant pipe that goes to the water pump and goes up into the engine. I have attached a photo of the area. The top outlet is open and the bottom has the new hose that doesn't work attached to it. I can not find out what to replace it with. If I buy similar outer and inner diameter hose it kinks when I install it because the bend the hose has to take is too great.

So how do I find out what I'm supposed to replace it with. Thanks for any help. IMG_0218.jpg
    Last edited by Timothy; 12-20-2016, 06:36 PM.
    1992 Ford Festiva 1.3 L 4-cylinder

Try
    Gates #18206. Cut to fit.
    '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
    '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
    '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
    '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
    '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
    '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
    '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Originally posted by David88 View Post
      Try
      Gates #18206. Cut to fit.
      My man! Thank you so much. Looks like I can find them at Walmart. I was starting to get nervous about not being to get this job done today. Thank you!
      Last edited by Timothy; 12-20-2016, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I just use straight hose and put a little loop in there. It's a good item it carry on long trips. I believe you can still get the preformed ones from 4green.

Comment

The ole loopty loop. Why didn't I think of that ? Thanks for the suggestion that will help

Comment

Or use two 90 degree elbows and some clamps. Good luck
            An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Thanks. I got her all fixed up and put back together. I just got back from my test drive and everything went well.
              I went with the gates part. I used the Walmart price $8.26 but bought it Orielys $13.40. But I used Orielys price match gaurentee so I got it for the Walmart price.

Anyway. Thanks for the help

Comment

Mine leaked there as well when I first got it, but I just went to the auto parts store and grabbed a short length of the appropriate size hose for a couple dollars and made sure not to kink it.
                "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                sigpic
                "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
                X