No announcement yet.

Brake Booster Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I wanted my booster to be painted the same color that it was originally, I decide to used brake caliper paint The can says it is resistant to brake fluid so hopefully it will not peel off if brake fluid gets on it.
    [IMG] [/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by 1990new; 01-29-2017, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
      Did you have a chance to check on the seal?
      Well yes and no, the brake reman production project got put away a decade ago, and no one can remember where. I have two more truck trailers to search through yet......
      No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
        Since I wanted my booster to be painted the same color that it was originally, I decide to used brake caliper paint The can says it is resistant to brake fluid so hopefully it will not peel off if brake fluid gets on it.
        Silicone brake fluid does not peel off paint.
        Nor, does it turn cloudy from absorbing water from the humidity in the air.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 01-30-2017, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
          Well yes and no, the brake reman production project got put away a decade ago, and no one can remember where. I have two more truck trailers to search through yet......
          Thanks, I'm in hurry at all. Keep it in the back of your mind when you are rummaging around in those trailers.

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
          Silicone brake fluid does not peel off paint.
          Nor, does it turn cloudy from absorbing water from the humidity in the air.
          Never knew about silicone brake fluid, so I read up on it. It has some pluses and not stripping paint is one of them, but it also has some minuses. Guess I'll stick to the Glycol ethers based type for now, since I may never need that booster that I just painted.

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon View Post
            I stripped my booster the other day. I think it looks better now...
            Sweet! I LOOOOVE nice shiny clean parts. Sandblast? Paint stripper?
            88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
            88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
            91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
            93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
              Sweet! I LOOOOVE nice shiny clean parts. Sandblast? Paint stripper?
              3M sandblaster sponge, then finished with 360 grit wet and dry. The paint was starting to flake off anyway, so came off easy.

Comment

Working...
              X