A/C clutch questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
    The evaporator is under the dash, the low and suction lines go into the firewall.

I would inspect the condenser face for damage. Also look for residue at the evaporator drain tube. Since you mentioned inserting sealant, get a UV light since the sealant Hase dye in it already.
    Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
    A dab of PAG oil during install is all you need.

As for the evaporator leaking, I should have specified that it may be leaking from the core due to acid erosion (moisture).

Again, I would insist you find the leak first, but if you're more comfortable throwing parts at it and crossing your fingers... Not my $, not my car. Hopefully, for your sake, what you have into it fixes the problem.
    Nothing is more expensive than throwing parts at a problem without proper diagnosis. Like FestYboy, I work on cars for a living, and I can attest to his knowledge. When I get stumped, and google and AllData have been exhausted, I shoot him a text and figure out the problem, you ignore him at the expense of your wallet developing a larger leak than your AC system so very obviously has.

Use something with leak detector in it. I have a little bottle of pure UV dye I use, but many leak stoppers have it included, and some cans of freon come with it. Fill the system, let it run for a while, wait for the sun to set, flip on a black light and you WILL see where it is leaking from.

Because what you described is a leak.
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Working...
    X