Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where on earth to get stock Festiva tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon has the OEM Yokohama's. Free shipping if you have Prime. Put them on your wishlist & wait for them to drop to 1/2 price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by cyclonecj; 03-29-2017, 12:57 PM.
    92 Festiva GL Sport 5spd A/C 282k miles
    Power windows, Power door locks, & Heated seats !
    Festiva of the month co-winner June 2017
    Festiva of the month winner June 2018

Comment

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

We get the Yokohamas from Discount Tire, when they wear out early, Discount refunds the difference. The Yokohama is THE tyre for the car if you have the money, no 60mph shake.
        No car too fast !

Comment

Sorry to resurrect an old thread folks, but I was hoping to clarify something. Every online search I do points to the festivas taking a 165/70SR12, but that conflicts with what's written on the doorjamb.....I'm trusting the festiva's own printed labels, but why would the internet have decided on a larger tire size?

Comment

165’s were on the aluminum wheels. Stock steel wheels used 145/12’s from the factory. Yokohama’s were factory on my 90
            Jerry
            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
            90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
            92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
            93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Yup, 2 sizes. My car has both on the door. They are the same diameter, just different widths.
              The 165's arent really available in 12's anymore but they are in 14inch!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for that link Ryan!
                4x 165-70/12 Yokohamas showed up. Even ordered on Black Friday they were expensive, got them mounted on the alloy wheels, 2x were perfect ballanc with no weight!
                No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by Greywolf View Post
                  They're mainly "YARD DOGS". They'll do until I upgrade rims.
                  I see 145SR12 in the sticker above, too so there may be some variance.

I used a tool on Google maps to lay out a measured course from where I'll be dropping them off to balance back to my drive at home that is exactly 6.8 miles. If it's at all close, that should be fine.
                  Tire size.........Diameter.......Sidewall height
                  145/80-12......21.13"............4.57"
                  165/70-12......21.09"............4.55"

Used this simple tire size calculator. Charlie says a 165 width is optimal for Festivas.
                  Last edited by TominMO; 12-05-2017, 10:34 AM.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Which of these tire brand choices would you go with for stock steel wheels?

Hi all-- have a Ford Festiva L with the 12" stock steel wheels-- the tires on the car right now say 155 80 R12--

have been calling around to some tire stores in the Wichita area

which of these seems the best pick to you?

Ironman 155 80 R12 , no mileage rating, Chinese tire, 261$ mounted and balanced

Maxxis MA-202 155 80 R12, all-season tread, 50K mileage rating, 312$ mounted and balanced (includes a freight charge)

Multi-Mile Classic 155 80 R12, all-season tread, 50K mileage rating, 275$ mounted and balanced

Are there any "red flags" against any of these tires?

Thanks much for any helpful input--
                    Steve

Comment

I had the classic once... Maybe 10% wet traction. Never again.

Maxxis makes excellent trailer tires, but I have no idea about their auto tires.
                      92 Festiva GL Sport 5spd A/C 282k miles
                      Power windows, Power door locks, & Heated seats !
                      Festiva of the month co-winner June 2017
                      Festiva of the month winner June 2018

Comment

Originally posted by cyclonecj View Post
                        I had the classic once... Maybe 10% wet traction. Never again.

Maxxis makes excellent trailer tires, but I have no idea about their auto tires.
                        Thank you. The car may soon spend a lot of time in a wet climate (pacific northwest). Any other thoughts?

Comment

Yeah...upgrade to 13's or better yet, 14's. Super easy to find really high quality tires in 14".
                          91GL BP/F3A with boost
                          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
                            Thank you. The car may soon spend a lot of time in a wet climate (pacific northwest). Any other thoughts?
                            Are you willing to order tires online? Or do you only shop local?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

If you are going to run in the wet, the Achilles Economist 165/55-14 is beyond amazing!
                              If you must stick with 12's, a member in Tennessee has a used set of Yokohama's I covet and only wants $100 for them. I had to pay $97 each for new!
                              The Yokohama is perfect on our cars, but does not have the grip of the Achilles.
                              Last edited by Dragonhealer; 01-16-2018, 11:18 PM.
                              No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                                Yeah...upgrade to 13's or better yet, 14's. Super easy to find really high quality tires in 14".
                                Thanks-- what 14" wheels fit the bolt pattern? Or 13"?

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X