Fuel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel?

Got the engine hooked up in the (brick) cranks over but won't start it seams as though I am not getting fuel can someone point me in the direction I need to look ie fuses wire connectors or something stupid that could cause this it will fire on starting fluid

Update fuel gauge reads 3/4 fuel pressure at rail starts on. Starting fluid so this means injectors are not fireing can someone stear me in the right direction please

Comment

Need to check for power at the injectors. There is an EGI fuse at the main block as well. Also there is a fuel shutoff switch at the driver side rear strut tower.
      Last edited by FestYboy; 03-10-2017, 09:14 PM.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Checked fuel pump has power fuel rail has pressure but still won't run anyone know what wireing runs injectors

Comment

Green/yellow iirc is the constant power, the pcm runs the ground side switches. You obviously have spark, so signal to the pcm should be ok, so verify power. Back probe that one wire.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Is that wire in the white conector that also goes to the trans or in the wires up at the injectors because I had to rewire for the trans due to it was not plug and play

Comment

Have it running on its own it was the wireing but still need to know what powers the switching side of ink relay if I hook power to it I can get the car to run but wires in colur to colur it won't kick on with key anyone know where this relay gets its power from to turn on injectors?

Comment

I won't have access to my EVTM till Tuesday... Sry

Comment

The Main relay coil gets power from the ignition switch through the engine fuse - BK/W wire from the fuse panel. - BTW, the Y/BK wire for the injectors goes directly back to the main relay but has 6 splice points, so you could have a possible continuity problem on that side if it's not the fuse side.
                  Last edited by tooldude; 03-13-2017, 12:49 AM.
                  When I'm good I'm very, very good and when I'm bad I'm HORRID.

Comment

Tks I have it hooked to bk/white with no power so I need to trace that one wire

Comment

Tks eveyone for your help for it running this morning forgot to put engine fuse back in after I checked for power there put it in and now it runs woo hoo

Comment

Working...
                      X