No announcement yet.

New Old Bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would imagine they can be had if you keep an eye out for one. They can sometimes be cleaned with a little solvent and a medium (gray) Scotch Brite. You have nothing to lose by trying to cleaning it.
    '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
    '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
    '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Buy the way, did you try vinegar in the tank. I recently cleaned a gas tank from an old Ducati motorcycle that someone had poured a Cream tank lining in. The tank was not prepped properly and the lining was coming off and plugging up the petcocks making the bike unrideable. Because of the baffle around the fuel filler it was impossible to fill it, shake it and pour the debris out. A local radiator shop put it in his vat for one week with no results. He told me the tank would need replacing. I took it home and filled it with vinegar and agitated it it daily for about 3 weeks. At the end of 3 weeks it looked like new inside with the Cream liner completely dissolved.
      '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
      '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
      '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Working...
      X