Shift Lock Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift Lock Issue

What would cause the shift lock to intermitadly work? You can cleanly hear it clicking but 50% of the time you fool with it for 5 minutes jabbing the brake and wiggleng the shifter and wind up getting pissed and just overriding it with the manual unlock slider. Not sure if it matters the bulbs may be bad but the reverse lights don’t work either.

Try spraying the switch with WD-40. The switch on my car starts to make noises every few years and spraying cures it.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

For the shift lock servo assembly, pull apart connector C305 (in the console between the drivers and the passengers seat) and check to make sure there is no corrosion on any of the terminals.
      Also check to ensure ground G300 (under driver's seat) is clean and makes good contact.

I would check the ground first. A lot easier if you remove the seat. Please post a picture.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 12-29-2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

I actually pulled the consol out today and it was just getting hung. Lubed it up and all good now!

Comment

I pulled the servo out and then proceeded to chuck it in the trash. Now I can put the car in neutral and roll it around whenever I want.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
          X