Ford festiva 1995 engine exhaust pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford festiva 1995 engine exhaust pipe

i put my 1995 ford festiva gli in for a roadworthy today and i was told the "engine exhaust pipe" needs replacing. he said the middle pipe is okay and just needs welding. Problem is i cant work out what engine exhaust pipe actually means in order to find the part? I have a mate who is really good with cars so he will fix it for me if i purchase the parts, but i have no idea what to buy? i only have 7 days to find and install the pipe. any help please guys?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Ez007; 01-15-2018, 04:14 AM.

It could mean the downpipe from the cast iron exhaust manifold to the catalytic converter.
    It curves underneath the engine oil pan.
    I am assuming that your muffler assembly is also O.K.

Comment

yes he said the muffler is okay.
      Great thanks so what is the part i need to purchase? thanks

Comment

I think he is referring to this piece.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
          I think he is referring to this piece.
          Yeah i thought maybe that too, but thats the only listing i can find, and its second hand and will take over 7 days to get here.. anyone have any idea what this piece is actually called so i can ring around locally and see if anyone has one?

Thanks heaps mate
          Last edited by Ez007; 01-15-2018, 05:47 AM.

Comment

I've always called it a down pipe. I know they are slightly different between the Auto and Manual Trans.

Check this Websites E-Catalog for Part Numbers - http://www.walkerexhaust.com/catalog...catalog-lookup looks like they call it a Front Pipe.

EDIT: Looks like they don't have a part number for that part, probably because they don't sell it. I have one packed up ready to ship but with the cost of shipping to AU it would probably be a better bet to go with the one on Ebay.
            Last edited by firebush357; 01-15-2018, 07:10 AM.
            "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
            sigpic
            "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
            "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
            "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
            "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
            https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

If you logon to a local parts supply website and enter the make, model, year, and exhaust it should show you the exhaust parts they carry.
              Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Or you can go to a muffler shop an have them fix it. Thats the easy way.

Comment

Working...
                X