Thermostat Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat Options

Does the 2001 Kia Rio thermostat work in the B3?
    Autozone Part Number 41492
    A mechanic knows how; A technician knows why.

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Reassembling"Aurora" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @240k miles

FB Festiva page: Jared Bennett
    Instagram: jaredbear82

Easiest way to check out cross-ref issues like this is to go to RockAuto.com and look up both cars.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Yes, the 41492 is the proper 2 stage thermostat for the Festiva.
      Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
      Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
      Feel free to PM me anytime!
      Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
      Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
        Yes, the 41492 is the proper 2 stage thermostat for the Festiva.
        WE FINALLY HAVE THE PROPER THERMOSTAT FOR $9!!!

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Comment

That's an expensive thermostat.
          A single stage thermostat is only $6.
          The only thing a two stage thermostat is good for is maintaining a narrower temperature band at the expense of full flow when hot.

Comment

I have a 2-stage Mazda thermostat that I got for $12 online and for the first time in the cars life the temp runs were it is suppose to (about 1/2 way up the gauge) - in freezing weather and in blazing hot weather! So nice....

I made a mark on the gauge cover with a yellow marking pin that shows were 195F is by completely covering off the radiator and running the engine until the fan came on (195F) - then marked the gauge.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
              That's an expensive thermostat.
              A single stage thermostat is only $6.
              The only thing a two stage thermostat is good for is maintaining a narrower temperature band at the expense of full flow when hot.
              I'm surprised that someone in Canada would look down on having the proper thermostat

Comment

Even in the summer my festivas never ran at full temp until i covered more than half the radiator with cardboard, so I'm gonna get the proper tstat

Comment

Working...
                X