No announcement yet.

1988 Festiva L head gasket fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are really worried run a compression test. All cylinders within 15% high to low no worries.1 or 2 real low get a fitting to blow compressed air into the offending cylinders rotate and lock the engine so that both valve are closed on the cylinder you are testing,blow in compressed air if air is escaping anywhere, out the exaust,through the intake, through the oil filler or bubbles in the radiator,let us know so we can direct you further.
    Originally posted by imnotjohnpaul View Post
    How do I go about checking that?
    30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

I noticed a couple of minor issues in your video. I think the throttle cable is supposed to route over the intake air tube - makes less bends and a little farther away from the exhaust heat. You have your rocker shaft springs pinched between the pedestal and the shaft. They should be from the side of the pedestal to the rocker. Leaving that space may allow oil intended for the rockers to find another path.
      186,000 miles per second is not just a good idea, it's the law

1990 yellow L+ (l8ly)
      1990 yellow L+ (sunryz)
      1992 aqua L (agua)
      1993 blue L (aurora)

Comment

Working...
      X