Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems please help

i have ford festiva 1991 i think 3 door 4 speed manual
    46500966_201109730803689_4759103508072890368_n.jpg46407196_264069724298675_8427149460261306368_n.jpg46329386_2027865363967745_5726735794203262976_n.jpg46485776_1830883763706261_6232458533925814272_n.jpg46381413_330054751110283_1614168603848867840_n.jpg
    i have not a clue there is rubber tubing that attaches to the engine some of them dont have tubes attached does anyone have a diagram on where the tubes are meant to be please
    the clutch has just been replaced when i put my foot on the clutch to change gear to turn the corner when i put foot on break the engine is over revving to the point i have to turn it off if any one can help me.
    i have attach photos so u can see my car and the problem .

I don't know of a vacuum hose chart for the Festiva. The hoses are colour coded which may help. If you search this forum on, say, "vaccum hoses" you might find some photos which would help. I've seen posts here asking about hoses with photos.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

thank you wmwatt some of them have colour on them them ones are ok its the ones are black no colour thats the problem

Comment

I have vacuum diagrams for a USDM Festiva, but your carb system is different than the US ones.
        Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
        Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
        Feel free to PM me anytime!
        Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
        Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

think ,mine is a Japanese model

Comment

His car is not carburetted
            Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
              His car is not carburetted
              What makes you say that?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
              Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

How to find me:

Comment

At the least it has a fuel pump for a carby model.
                30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

^^ model year but now I look at the photos it has the big round air filtre housing on top of the carburetor. I notice one difference. His pulse air device on the air filtre housing only has one large diameter hose, mine has two.
                  Last edited by WmWatt; 11-16-2018, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
                    ^^ model year but now I look at the photos it has the big round air filtre housing on top of the carburetor. I notice one difference. His pulse air device on the air filtre housing only has one large diameter hose, mine has two.
                    Other countries didn't get the Carb or EFI systems that we did in the US. Australia didn't get EFI first gens at all even.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
                    Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

hmm. i think the 91 jdm festiva i bootlegged over here has just 1 of those reed valve housings on the air cleaner and it's RHD too. maybe i can get him some pics when i get up to the garage. what's interesting is i thought japanese (mazda) festivas were only sold in japan. maybe not. gypsy, does your car have a VIN plate riveted to the firewall that says 'manufactured by mazda motor corp.' or made in japan?

Comment

Working...
                      X