No announcement yet.

Plethora of issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loose connection will also do that, yes. Good work!

Sent from a mental institution
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Nehemiah View Post
      May have discovered the issue.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]22426[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]22427[/ATTACH]

This wire was not connected properly to the post (by me). Apparently arced and wrecked a whole line!
      Yes that will do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
      “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

Fix for floor pan would be sheet metal, self tapping screws or pop rivets, and roofing or driveway patch (tar). have fun.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Skip the tar! Look up seam sealer. Not too expensive for a small tube. 20 bucks ish. Slather it around all the seams.

Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
            Skip the tar! Look up seam sealer. Not too expensive for a small tube. 20 bucks ish. Slather it around all the seams.

$5 a tube in Canada where everythings expensive... at a store that sells autobody supplies. Nice stuff, wear gloves.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Comment

Seam sealer for the seam, tar or maybe underbody spray (for people who like to spray) for the rest of the sheet metal patch?
              Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

So apparently the rust happened in spite of already present tar, so when I get the chance I'm going to strip it all off to check for other holes-to-be.

Comment

So emergencies apparently happen. I will be unable to fix my Festiva, as it turns out, because it is a 'computer' issue- my windshield was improperly sealed, allowing water to get between the firewall and the dashboard, and so when the alternator shorted it did something with the computer and the water?
                  Regardless, I have no more time, as I am moving shortly, and am wondering: Does anyone want an '89 Festiva in need of electrical work, electrical component replacement, body work, and TLC?

Unused brand new alternator, oil change less than 60 miles ago (5W30), brand new tires less than 200 miles ago, battery replaced less than 800 miles ago, vbelt replaced less than 1000 miles ago, rotors replaced less than 3500 miles ago, brakes and all brakelines replaced less than 4000 miles ago. All of this has been since January 2018. 86*** miles.
                  Last edited by Nehemiah; 12-09-2018, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Nehemiah, I sent you a PM.

Comment

Those ignition barrel keyway retainers are plentiful here in Aus. Just sayin.
                      Raising the bar for compact cars around the world.
                      .:: 1997 Aspire ::. The Glowspire. Revived project
                      .:: 1998 Aspire ::. The Glowspire red bean. Current Project

My Ford Aspire DIY Wing Conversion
                      Glow_Mouse's 97' Glowspire
                      Glow_Mouse's 98' Glowspire
                      Ford Aspire Forum Here!
                      Order FordAspire.com Decals Range 1!
                      Order FordAspire.com Decals Range 2!

Comment

Working...
                      X