changing rear springs????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing rear springs????

back a while ago, i notice my rear spring had broke, i finally got another one from a junkyard, (the car was wrecked when it was a year or two old with like 60k miles on it so it almost still looks brand new) but anyway enough rambling, my question is do i need a spring compresser for the rear springs so i know if i can change it myself or not?

i've had the rear struts off of my other car but didn't take the spring off of the strut but for some reason i'm thinking when the strut gets bolted to the car, thats when it compresses the spring, but i'm not sure, can't remember that far back

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

it is not your typical strut

first thing you do is to remove the 2 interior pieces ( the rear speaker shelf and the piece below it)

then remove the single strut on each side

THEN JACK UP THE REAR OF THE FESTIVA

the struts and springs will disengage the car's top strut mount and the rubber isolator will sometimes fall out too

then remove the lower strut to suspension assembly

and remove the strut and spring assembly as two separate pieces

installation is the exact reverse

Comment

awesome, thanks, exactly what i needed to know

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
      X