alternator interchangeability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternator interchangeability

hay guys , whats up, I was just wondering if the alternator on a 93 b3 auto festi is the same and has the same style conector as an alternator off an 89 FI b6 mazda 323, I have one as a spare and my festi one is starting to suck

should be the same... I don't know if it being an auto makes any difference, but my little blue ran with the same B6 alternator (from and 89) on the B3, the B6, and the BP... and its still going strong
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I think the only difference is how much amperage the alt. puts out.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

cool, thanks fellas, my charge light blinked a few times yesterday morning after the car sat for 2 days, the output is pritty low too, my blinker actually dims the lights on the dash when it blinks, so does my deck :lol:

Comment

don't automatically condemn the alternator. check the belt tension. my chicks car had a dead batt every couple days. i checked the alt output- 11.2V. i tightened the belt-14.6V. no more dead batt for a week now

Comment

I just put a brand new alternator on mine and it i bought it for a 88 mazda 323, my old one was making the lights flicker. It bolted right up no problems.

Comment

compiled from the 323gtx board

RX7 alternators will work in 323s so that means they will work on festivas. The 86-88 alternators are 70 amp,
              89-91 are 80amp
              and the 93+ are 110amp.

You might need the plug if your plug is different depending on the year. If you stay within the same year range you should be fine. I think mazda switched connectors in 88+ to a round kind and they are all the same on all mazdas. Worst case is you will need to splice in the plug which you can find at the junk yard on pretty much any mazda car.

The rx7 alt swap requires the mazda part # 9980-01-0105 longer bolt. Roughly $6. The bolt is I think 110mm long where as all commercially avvailable i found stopped @ 105mm.

More Info @ http://www.mazda323performance.com/f...ic.php?t=12157
              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

i took off 2 alternators from junkyard festivas and both say 50 amp on it.

Comment

Who has here ran a 100+ amp alt with or without burning up the stock 50a wiring? The last one I heard of was a Nissan alt iirc, and it burned wires..

Comment

ya, the plug style is what I was concerned with, its super cold out and i want this to be a painless as possible :lol: , and ya the belt is good and tight, and new so its just a the alternator poopin, plus the alternator has 200 000 kelometers on it now with lots of different amps of various amperage loads through-out that life-span :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                    X